We Are Hiring
Read about our available positions below and find out how to apply to join the BHCO team!
PART TIME PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a production assistant. This person will be responsible for preparing merchandise for online order fulfillment. This includes packaging candles and products for shipping and assisting in the general maintenance and organization of the studio.
POSITION : PART TIME
HOURS: Flexible Mon - Sat (11am - 6pm)
START DATE : ASAP
LOCATION: PROVIDENCE, RI
PAY RATE : $13hr
21+ AGE REQUIREMENT
- Maintaining stock, sorting materials and keeping shelves organized.
- Wicking glassware and jars to get them ready for candle pouring.
- Preparing products for retail by cleaning, labeling items and packaging them into boxes.
- Receiving supplies which includes unloading freight shipments of wax and glassware - you must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs
- Assisting with any other duties as needed such as cleaning, answering the phone or helping with shipping etc.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction, learn quickly and be flexible.
- Physical ability to lift large boxes 50+ lbs.
- The ability to work closely with coworkers- often as a team.
- Must be able to maintain focus while doing repetitive tasks for long periods of time, for example labeling 200 candles without letting quality slip by candle 178.
- Self motivated, have reliable transportation and be punctual.
- Must enjoy working with various fragrances and oils.
- Experience with online order fulfillment or customer based retail a plus!
We are a small independent women led operation! We participate in Oddities and Dark Arts markets and at times work with Witch/Pagan/Goth/Alt Culture events as well as donate to LGBTQI and Pro Choice Organizations. You will need to have an open mind and zero prejudice in order to be part of the team :)
APPLY: email your resume and a brief description about yourself and why you would like to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org -- please put "JOB INQUIRY" in the subject line so it wont get buried under customer emails! Please understand because of limited time during the workday we will only be able to respond to applications that we believe will be a good match.