Some Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your New Candles!
- We always recommend burning the candle long enough for the melted wax pool to reach the edges of the container. This will not only prevent tunneling but when the wax is fully melted, the scent throw is at it's peak!
- Be sure to trim your wick of any black build up before lighting the candle each time! Any smoking is most likely coming from your wick -- clean wicks make for clean burns!
- Make sure your candle is placed on an even heat resistant surface away from any drafts.
- We like to use the lids from our candles as base stands for them! This will help to keep your tables and counter tops from being effected by any heat the candle may be creating.
- Our Darkwave Collection and Travel Candles use cotton ribbon wicks! These wicks help create even melt pools in candles that have a wide open diameter and we love them! The same rules apply, keep the wicks trimmed and burn them on even heat resistant surfaces.
- Candles should not be burned for longer than 4-5 hrs at a time.
- Your candle is done when there is less than 1 inch of wax remaining. Lighting a candle without enough wax will result in overheating and glass can shatter under these temps. Burn safely and responsibly!